TENETS OF FAITH
The Bible is our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice. The following statement of truth is not intended to be exhaustive, but to be simply a common expression of faith:
- We believe in one God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, was crucified, dead, buried, resurrected; that He ascended into Heaven and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:14-18; Isaiah 7:14, 9:6).
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit sent by the Father to guide us into all truth, convict of sin, righteousness and judgment, show us things to come. He empowered us to live the Christian life and to form Christ and His Character in us. (Jn 16:5-15, Acts 1:8)
- We believe the Bible, in its entirety, to be the inspired Word of God and the only infallible rule of faith and conduct (2Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:13).
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal joy of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost (John 5:24, 3:16; Mark 9:43-48; 2Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15).
- We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins (Ephesians 2:8, 9; Hebrews 9:12, 22; Romans 5:11).
- We believe in sanctification through the Word of God by the Holy Spirit, expressed in personal holiness of heart and life (Ephesians 5:18; 2 Corinthians 6:14; 7:1).
- We believe in divine healing through faith in the name of Jesus Christ and that healing is included in the atonement (Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; Mark 16; 18; John 5:14).
- We believe in water baptism by immersion as an immediate declaration of the Lordship of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:34-36, 19:1-6).
- We believe in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4), in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit (1 Corinthians 12-14).
- We believe in the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:2-3; 1Thessa1onians 4: 13-18).
- We believe in intensive world-evangelization and missionary work in accordance with the Great Commission, with signs following (Matthew 28:19).
- We believe in the Church as the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with each bornagain believer as an integral functioning member (Ephesians 2:21-22, 3:16).
- We believe in the reality and personality of the Devil and eternal judgment in the Lake of Fire for the Devil and his angels (Matthew 25; 41; Revelation 20; 14, 15).
- We believe that there is one true universal Church, made up of genuine believers, and many local Churches in given localities. These Churches are under the sovereign Headship of the Lord Jesus Christ, exercising autonomous government under Him. (Acts 15:22; with Matthew 16:18, 18:15-20).
- We believe that Government is ordained of God, and the powers that be are ordained as ministers of God to us for good. (Romans 13).
Grace, mercy and peace in Him,
The Strategic Resource Training Board